- The "Ask the Expert" section is for individuals who have questions regarding tax collection problems. We can handle any kind of tax problem you may be having with the IRS but are not equipped to answer questions about the preparation of your tax return. If you need help with tax preparation, please visit the Tax Freedom Institute and find a tax professional nearest you.
Note: We will add your email address to our email lifo list if we recieve a question from you .
These are the topics we CAN address in our email or live chat "Ask the Expert:"
- Tax audits
- Tactics and strategies for dealing with the auditor; how to prove deductions and verify income and how to appeal audit decisions.
- The time and place of appeal, how to write appeal letters and the strategies needed to win on appeal.
- Computer notices
- How to respond to computer audit notices, collection notices, missing tax return claims, etc.
- How to cancel computer penalty notices, how to deal with penalties in audits and appeals and other general penalty questions.
- If you owe taxes you cannot pay or IRS is demanding you pay taxes you do not owe, we can address all those concerns. This includes questions and problems about tax liens, levies and seizures, installment payment negotiations and all other aspects of tax collection, including what to do if you cannot pay by April 15. We can also answer questions about the IRS's tax amnesty programs and how they work. For more on this, see our book, How to Get Tax Amnesty, by Daniel J. Pilla.
These are the topics we CAN'T address in email or live chat "Ask the Expert:"
- Tax preparation
- What is or is not deductible, how to complete forms and schedules, etc.
- Tax planning
- How to structure businesses and other entities.
- General bookkeeping
- General questions about bookkeeping issues.
If you are in need of a tax professional to help you with these concerns, please visit the Tax Freedom Institute. The Tax Freedom Institute is our national association of tax professionals who can help in most every area of taxes, including preparation. These professionals charge reasonable fees for their services.